Here are our picks for the 10 Best Water Skis in 2022
We understand that there are multiple fluctuating factors when attempting to recommend the best water skis for an individual. Including but not limited to skill level, age, weight, and experience to name a few. When choosing the top 10 we where thinking about the best skis for the average experienced skier with an average skill level.
For those experienced skiers who may be looking for the very best, top of the line water skis, we believe the HO SPORTS SYNDICATE OMNI SKI IS IT
If your lake is large enough and there are no restrictions, water skiing is one of the top activities many who live on a lake enjoy. Water skiing actually starting in the 1900’s when multiple models of water skis where introduced. As you know a skier is pulled up out of the water by a fast moving speedboat. There are multiple skis available for you today. Slalom skis, combination pairs, skis for tricks and jumps.
Water skiing is a wonderful sport that provides many advantages. Some say it even provides them with a calming effect and helps to relieve stress. Water skiing is also good to help you.
- Develop Strong Joints
- Develops strong core muscles
- You will burn more calories
- Increase muscle mass and tone your muscles
For beginners and advanced skiers, choosing a water ski can be a hard task because there are many models in the market. In the guide below, we have the 10 best water skis in the market that will enable you to improve your skiing skills and offer you a great skiing experience.
List of 10 Best Water Ski in 2020
#10. CWB Connelly Outlaw Slalom Water Ski
This water ski fits feet from size 7 -12 which may cover every member of your family. This is an extra-wide designed water ski for increased performance and allows you to ski with slower boat speeds. The flat surface area helps with stability and balance. It has has a concave tunnel bottom that give you more control by pushing your ride higher on the water.
It has a narrow width underfoot that ensures the ski is responsive. The ski has an included stabilizer for safety that enables you to keep a safe distance between the boar and the skier. To enhance optimal performance, experienced skiers can remove the bar. Beginners are encouraged to remove it once they master the basics.
- Built with an extra-wide design
- Has an increased flat surface area for stability
- Features a concave tunnel bottom for a higher ride & more control
- Fits feet from size 7 to 12
- Equipped with a reliable stabilizer for control and safety
- It is made of a heavy-duty composite construction that increases durability
- The ski provides you with enough balance and control
- No negative reviews.
#9. HO Sports Blast Combo with Horseshoe Boot
These water skis feature an exclusive style binding that fits most size foot, where you can still adjust the sliding heel for more comfort. The water ski is constructed with a lightweight design that allows you to carry the ski to anywhere you want to have fun.
It has a V-bottom design that provides the rider with ultimate control and stability. The ski features a wide body that gives riders higher buoyancy than other skies. Furthermore, it has a solid shaped body reinforced with a cut design that allows you to ski side to side more swiftly.
- Features a 2-lace binding that fits most size feet
- Constructed with a very lightweight design
- Equipped with a wide body that offers high buoyancy and control
- Features a V-bottom design for stability
- It has a solid shaped body with a cut design
- The ski provides you with ultimate stability and control
- Lightweight and offers you smooth glides
- Ideal for beginners and intermediate kids
- Great for the price
None, Near Perfect Skis for the lake.
#8. O’Brien Siege Slalom Ski w/Avid Bindings
This O’Brian slalom ski has a tunnel concave that allows you to change edges easily and the ski turns on a dime at your command. It is equipped with a soft flex and increased rocker that makes the ski easy stable and easy to control even at higher speeds. We love the lightweight design that enables you to carry the ski easily anywhere your choose.
Most people appreciate the front lace system that allows you to get the perfect fit that will give you more comfort when skiing. The ski has a strong EVA foot bed that makes the ski comfortable & extra secure. The ski provides you with a wide range of adjustments that give you more control and comfort. Has a small, defined bevel that makes turning easy.
- Equipped with a tunnel concave for edge changing
- Features a soft flex and increased rocker
- Built with a lightweight design for easy carrying
- Has a front lace system to offer a perfect fit
- Features a strong EVA footbed that offers more comfort
- Equipped with a wide range of size adjustment
- Lightweight and comfortable to use
- The ski is very reasonably priced.
- It makes beveled rides easy to take & easy to turn
- Available in multiple sizes
- This ski is not ideal for double board trained enthusiasts.
#7. Rave Sports Shredder
This is a great water ski from Rave Sports that comes with many benefits. The very simple design makes learning to operate this water ski very easy for adults and kids. It is made from a heavy-duty material so it is ideal those weighting from 80-125lbs. This ski is designed to get new skiers up and out of the water and shredding the waves quickly.
It is designed with a wide shape and center bottom channels that offer stable deep water starts and excellent balance while skiing. The training bar is a great training tool for beginners that can be removed when the skier gains confidence. This ski helps you to make the transition from combo water skiing to slalom skiing quickly and successfully. It is equipped with soft binding that is comfortable and secure, and the Rave Jr. is adjustable to ensure a perfect fit for most all skiers 80lbs – 125lbs.
- Made from a heavy-duty material
- Perfects for skiers of 80-125lbs
- Designed with a wide shape and center bottom channels
- Equipped with soft binding for comfort
- Binding is comfortable and secure
- It is easy to learn and use
- The ski allows you to undertake all ski activities confidently
- The ski is a bit heavy.
#6. Full Throttle Traditional Combination Skis
By: Absolute Outdoor
It has a narrow width underfoot that ensures that the ski is both playful and responsive. The ski has an included stabilizer that enables you to keep a safe distance between the boar and the skier. It has a steel-reinforced and molded construction that offers you durable and reliable water ski.
The water ski is built with an extra-wide design for increased performance and allows for slower boat speeds. It has an increased flat surface area that encourages stability. Besides, it has a concave tunnel bottom that pushes the rider higher on the water and provides more control
- Built with a user-friendly design to suit all skiers
- Equipped with size adjustable binders
- It has a concave bottom and beveled edge design
- Made of a steel-reinforced and molded construction for durability
- Features a tapered tail for easier turns and flex pattern
- User-friendly and perfect for all ages
- Comfortable to use and perfect for teaching
- The cost is a bit high but those who use these Skis swear they are worth it.
#5. AIRHEAD Wide Body Combo Skis
The ski has a removable crossbar that is provided designed to help the first learners for easy learning. It is made of a heavy-duty construction that allows you to use the ski in all water environments and hold a larger weight capacity.
The ski has a wide surface area that offers you a wide stepping platform to give you more comfort. This water ski has a wide range of adjustments that provide you with more control and comfort. With this water ski, you can get in and out of the water easily using much less effort than with most skis.
- It is equipped with fiberglass reinforced nylon fins for tracking
- Features bindings that are adjustable
- Equipped with a removable crossbar which is especially good for first-timers
- 54-inch wide body combo ski
- Has a foam core construction
- Heavy-duty and durable combo ski
- Perfect for teaching teens and adults
- It is suited for smaller feet only.
#4. O’Brien Celebrity Combo Water Skis
These are designed for skiers who are ready to take their skills from beginners to intermediate level. They have a wide body that makes them stable and easy to get up even in deep water. The adjustable bindings fit feet of up to size 12 and they can slide for perfect support & setup.
These are great all-around skis and one of our favorites. They are adjustable to suit the whole family. The skis are equipped with a dual tunnel that enhances proper control and stability. I said I was going to rate these in no particular order and I have, but these are one of my favorite skis.
- It has a padded rear toe plate
- Has a dual tunnel that enhances control and stability
- Features performance side cut for proper turning
- Adjustable binding is designed to fit feet of up to size 12
- Equipped with nylon fins that offer enough traction
- It provides you with ultimate control and stability
- Perfect for beginners and advanced skiers
- They are big and heavy.
#3. RAVE Sports Steady Eddy Trainer Combo Water Skis
By: Rave Sports
These combo skis are the best trainers to give young skiers control and confidence to improve their skills. Besides, they are equipped with soft and comfortable bindings that are simple to slide into and they are adjustable. The perfect set to get your child started water skiing.
The skis have a wide surface area that provides you with enough stability. It is equipped with a stabilizer bar that helps to provide enough control and stability. As your child grows, the ski adjusts easily and this makes it best for the whole family.
- Accommodates up to 100lbs
- Equipped with soft and comfortable bindings
- They have a removable stabilizer on the front
- Features a removable stabilizer strap that keeps the skis together
- They are stable and easy to control
- Perfect for beginners and advanced skiers
Not a heavy-duty ski.
#2. Connelly Supersport Combo Waterskis
The skis are made of a reinforced composite construction that enables the skis to hold up to 135lbs.
These skis have a wide tail and nose that make it easy to get up and out of the water on deep water starts. There is a narrow foot underneath that makes the skis responsive and active.Features
They are equipped with glass filled with nylon fin that provides enough traction in the water. There is a front stabilizer bar that helps to keep the skis in line and good distance apart.
To provide ultimate performance for a beginner, you can remove the bar once the basics are learned.
- Made of a reinforced composite construction
- It can accommodate up to 135lbs
- Features a front stabilizer bar that keeps the skis in line
- They have a wide tail and nose
- Equipped with narrow underneath that makes the skis responsive and active
- Great skis for beginners
- The bar keeps the skis in line and well stabilized
- The skis are a bit uncomfortable for a big foot.
#1. Hydroslide Adult Victory Water Skis Combo
These are 66-inch water skis that are perfect for most adults and they are built with heavy-duty construction to enhance durability. They are designed in a way that you will get a thrilling experience and easy to get in and out of the water. Besides, one of the skis is equipped with a slalom toe that is suited for a single skiing session for experienced water skiers.
There are slide adjustable bindings and drop-through fins that provide ultimate stability. They have adequate surface area and a round-shaped nose that make start up easy. The water skis are heavy-duty enough to accommodate up to120lbs.
- 66-inch water skis designed for adults
- One ski is equipped with a slalom toe for a single skiing session
- Equipped with adjustable side bindings and drop through fins
- They are equipped with an adequate surface area
- Have a round-shaped nose for easy starts
- Accommodates up to 120lbs
- Doubles up a recreation pair
- They are comfortable and easy to control
- These are near perfect, I just wish they could accommodate more weight.
Things to Consider when Choosing a Water Ski
- Construction material: Water skies are made from different materials with different advantages and disadvantages. Some are made from fiberglass and other composite carbon graphite. The materials make you ski flexible and more lightweight to enhance easy movement. Still, you can choose the water skis that are made from aluminum because they are durable and reliable. Some the material you choose is based upon multiple factors as we have discussed. Most skis for beginners are heavier, but they are heavier for a reason.
- Water ski length: When you are buying a water ski, you have to consider the length that will match with your weight range. For example, if your weight is about 90-150 pounds, then you need to buy the skis with a length range of between 64-66-inches. Another example, if your weight range is between 150-200 pounds, choose a with a length that ranges between 66-69-inches. If you find a quality pair of skiis that you like, hang on to them, they may not be easily replaced.
- Speed and size: The skiing speed of a ski determines how deep they can sit in the water. People who like skiing at low speeds will perform better on skies with wide surface areas. Choose a narrow-sized ski because it does not spend much effort sitting on top of the water.
- Fins and bindings: Most water skis are equipped with bottom side fins that help to provide more stability and traction on the water. The fins come in different shapes and sizes. You should look for a water ski with adjustable bindings that provide enough stability for everyone.
Water skiing is an exclusive and entertaining sport that you can enjoy on many lakes around the world during the summer or spring season. If you are a beginner, you probably want to learn more skills that will leave your friends amazed. Therefore, you need to look for a quality water ski that will suit all your needs and take your skiing to another level.
If you are new to the sport welcome. It just takes a little bit of time and practice in the beginning to develop a skill that you will enjoy the rest of your life. I heard a motivational speaker, Dale Calvert say once “Practice doesn’t make Perfect …….. PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT …………. so find an experienced skier to mentor you, or take a couple of lessons, and enjoy your summers.